When your business grows, so does your list of daily tasks. It can be difficult to keep up with this increased flow of work and keep everything running smoothly. This is where a virtual assistant can come in handy.
What is a Virtual Assistant?
According to BusinessWire, the virtual assistants’ market is growing and is anticipated to reach USD 25.6 billion by 2025. They are usually hired as independent contractors and their assignments differ depending on their employer.
This means a virtual assistant may be hired as a personal assistant, to help with administrative work, bookkeeping, or more.
Virtual assistant tasks may include:
- Scheduling appointments
- Handling phone calls
- Organising emails or tasks
- Arranging travel plans
- Performing data entry
- Keeping track of finances
- Managing budgets
- Managing social media content
- And more, depending on the assignment they were hired
A virtual assistant is a remote employee you can hire for any administrative duties you may need.
5 Benefits of Outsourcing a Virtual Assistant
There are several reasons you should consider outsourcing a virtual assistant in New Zealand for your business. A virtual assistant can:
- Reduce workload: A virtual assistant providing an extra hand to help the business. Even if you do not physically see them around the office, you can count on them to complete their share of administrative tasks. They minimise the workload in the administrative process to ease your work.
- Save time: With less work to worry about, you now have more time to dedicate to your other tasks. There are certainly plenty of administrative tasks you consider menial but time-consuming, leaving you with more time to work on more important things.
- Save money: Just as a virtual assistant saves money on gas by working remotely, you also save money on costs such as office space, office supplies, and so on. Also, if your virtual assistant is a contract worker, you will not be required to pay for their benefits, which are additional costs for an employer.
- Increase productivity: Your business efficiency will increase by hiring a virtual assistant. As previously established, it can help you save time and money, which means you will have time and money to focus on growth. A virtual assistant’s tasks naturally allow more productivity for you, but a good virtual assistant will also be able to point out the areas where you can improve in productivity. These may be areas where you are not even aware that you are wasting time or resources.
- Offer more flexibility: Virtual assistants also tend to be more flexible with their hours since they work from home and are likely on-call with your business. Flexibility is a key value in a virtual assistant since they can adapt to your business’s needs and complete tasks as required.
Outsource a Virtual Assistant to Help Your Business Grow
There are plenty of reasons to outsource a virtual assistant today. At Smartstaff, we offer virtual assistant services that improve productivity and cut employee costs by 50%.
Contact us today if you are ready to request a consultation.